Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Turning Thoughts

Well it was Wargaming Night over at TBS Comics. Nothing exciting happened. Talk to the regulars there, bounce the idea of running a White Scars army around with a friend of mine. I think I should of just gone home after work and started to clear off my desk for more space.

Really need to get my projects done and out of the way. I know I have the time to do it, just have to juggle work, school, girlfriend, social life and so on. So for now, I'll list off my current projects to help get some order in place and hopefully motivate myself.

1. Ryan's army display board for Adepticon - It was started by our friend Carter.  So far it has two elevated sections, sand-like flock for textures, some additions as little bits of shale and randome debries and bits.  Ryan has commissioned me (hah, a phrase I haven't thought about in ages) to clean up and finish his display board. What needs to have is that the texture needs to be stripped off (it flakes off at the touch), the foam cliffs for the elevated sections need to be cleaned up some as well as the pieces of wood topping off the sections. So far they are pretty jagged and rought looking, but a dremel will make short work of it. The texturing should be easy with textured spraypaint (it will be a first). So wish me luck on this. For now... the first hurdle... warping :(

2. Space Wolves - its an army i've had for about 10 years. I shows how long i've been playing. So far with this edition, and the new models... its been fun times with gaming. So i need to press on and get the army done. for now, I have the main color of the army done.. the gray look.  With the exception of vehicles. I should be tackle them squad by squad, and see how far I get. Ideally... I want a good 2500pt list for Ard Boyz in August, by then, I will make sure everything is painted.

3. Gaming table "Water World" - It's my pride and joy... sitting against the wall at TBS Comics. The board itself is done. What I need to do is make terrain. Suitable for Warhammer 40,000 and small scale ( 1/1200 ). So in general, two sets. One for average gaming, and another for small scale. It's already been decided that the table is automatically water... so that means terrain checks for everyone in the water.

4. Plague Tower of Nurlge - Yes I know its a chaos piece and doesnt go well with my wolves, but it's an easy build... well I'd like to think so. So far the main structure is built, this includes wheels. just need to add the diseased look and paint it.

5. Warhoud Titan - Something i've been desiring for a long time. Started on the feet when I was deployed to Iraq back in early 2008, but chucked it since i didnt want to take up space when I packed to go home. It will be a total scratch build, since I refuse to sell my organs to buy one from Forgeworld.

6. Deathwatch mini - Deathwatch RPG... just a character. this should be a two day job, so hopefully i will have it done in April

7. Grey Knights - I am bringing these bad boys out from cold storage to get them ready for codex release.

Well now.. thats quite a bit. Seems alot, but it will be tackled piece by piece. Photo's to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment